ACLS - UW
The American Heart Association ACLS program is a course designed for healthcare professionals required to respond to cardiac emergencies. Course modules include:
- Recognition and management and of cardiac and respiratory arrest
- Management of stroke and ACS
- Team member communication
Basic life support skills will be tested in class, but students will not be issued a BLS certification card (to enroll in a BLS class visit our enrollment page). Students must have a basic understanding of rhythms and pharmacology associated with ACLS. Students will be evaluated performing a MegaCode at the end of the course. The 2015 AHA ACLS Provider Manual as well as the AHA online pre-course test (both required) will prepare students for this ACLS program. A copy of the ACLS Provider student manual is included in the cost of the class session. Manuals will be distributed by Nicholas Dichiara. Please bring your book and its contents to class - you are able to use these materials for the exam. AHA ACLS Ecards will be issued at the completion of class and are good for two years.
Required Course Preparation
In addition to studying your AHA ACLS Provider Manual, please visit the AHA ACLS Student Website (use the password provided to you upon registration) and complete the following:
- Complete the Pre-Course Assessment. Students must acheive a score of 70% or greater, print out the test results, and bring to class. Students who do not have their printed test results with them or email them in advance will not be eligible to take the class.
- Study the supplementary material and additional 4 videos on the AHA ACLS Student Website.
Cancellation, Refund, and Transfer Policy
CPR Seattle does not offer refunds for ACLS courses once your registration is complete. Transfers are allowed if requests are received more than 7 days before the class start time. Only one transfer per registration will be permitted. Proficiency in English is required to participate in, and receive a certification card for the class. The presence of a translator does not waive this requirement. Translators are not permitted in class. Students arriving more than 10 minutes late to class will not receive a certification card, or be eligible for refund or transfer.
Terms and Conditions
CPR Seattle is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate content posted on the web site. We are not responsible for any conduct of any users at any time during or after a member terminates the account. We are not responsible for any technical malfunctions of the web site, your web site, the servers, internet connections, traffic congestion, delay of data transfer, failure of email account, coding errors in the web site or a users personal computer hardware, software, or data.
This information is collected for
- Establishing and maintaining a responsible commercial relationship with you and providing ongoing service
- Some of your information can tell us how to better serve you in designing our services
- Meeting legal and regulatory requirements
- Billing operations
Your information will not be sold, rented or disclosed to any third party.
We may disclose personal information about you to third parties when
- We have your consent
- When needed to provide you the service
- Responding to subpoenas, court orders or other legal processes
Your information is protected in our secure database and through the use of secure socket layer technology.
If you have any questions on the policies presented here, feel free to contact us.
Last updated on March 03, 2017.
|Date & Time||Location||Cost||Space Available|
|No scheduled classes.|
No scheduled classes.