Natural Birth Options in Seattle: An introduction to having your baby at home or a birth center
July 22, 2018 Sunday, 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Trying to conceive, or already expecting and wondering what your childbirth options are?
You're invited to attend our "Natural Childbirth Options" community info session to be held on . Attendance is FREE and there will be key note speakers from our community midwives, doulas, and other families who support natural childbirth.
Topics covered include:
- A brief history on births in the US, and when/why births transitioned from the home to the hospital
- Why choose a center / home birth: how natural birth can be a healthy option for mother and baby alike
- Good candidates for a healthy center / home birth
- The role of a midwife in homebirths
- The role of a doula in homebirths
- Comfort measures
The information session will run from 1:00pm - 2:00pm, followed up with a "get to know your birth community providers" meet and mingle where they will be showcasing their specialties and services. Space is limited, so please register to ensure your space!
118 NE 45th Street Suite B
Seattle, WA 98105