Opioid Education for Healthcare Providers
Online course - Cost: $23.50
The American Heart Association Opioid Education for Healthcare Providers online course employs self-directed and interactive design to teach Opioid Education. Students can work at their own pace; the course takes approximately 30 minutes to complete. No hands-on skills session is required. (Note: there is no audio version of this course).
The course is designed for professional healthcare providers and others who require training on the opioid epidemic, physiological processes associated with opioid overdose, and considerations when caring for patients with an opioid overdose.
This course is intended for US audiences only.
The topics covered include:
- Recogizing and treating opioid overdose (rescue breathing, CPR and use of opioid inhibitors)
- Overview of the opioid epidemic and opioid use issues
- Function and symptoms of treatment of pain and the paths leading to addiction
Note for Mac users: Online AHA courses may not be compatibile with the Safari browser. We recommend using Chrome or Firefox if you experience difficulties.
Cancellations, Refunds, Terms:
No cancellations or refunds will be issued for this class.
CPR Seattle is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate content posted on the web site. We are not responsible for any conduct of any users at any time during or after a member terminates the account. We are not responsible for any technical malfunctions of the web site, your web site, the servers, internet connections, traffic congestion, delay of data transfer, failure of email account, coding errors in the web site or a users personal computer hardware, software, or data.
This information is collected for:
- Establishing and maintaining a responsible commercial relationship with you and providing ongoing service
- Some of your information can tell us how to better serve you in designing our services
- Meeting legal and regulatory requirements
- Billing operations
Your information will not be sold, rented or disclosed to any third party.
We may disclose personal information about you to third parties when:
- We have your consent
- When needed to provide you the service
- Responding to subpoenas, court orders or other legal processes
Your information is protected in our secure database and through the use of secure socket layer technology.
If you have any questions on the policies presented here, feel free to contact us.