Wilderness First Responder
The Wilderness First Responder program is considered the gold standard for those who work as outdoor professionals. It is also suitable for those who recreate in remote areas and want to be prepared in the event of a wilderness emergency. The Wilderness First Responder course will cover the following topics:
- How to conduct an in-depth patient physical exam and patient history
- Wound care and infection
- Assessing, handling, and aligning fractures
- Joint injuries and splinting
- Head injuries and assessing patients using the Glasgow Coma Scale
- Eye, facial and dental injuries
- Spinal injuries and spinal management including backboarding
- Chest and abdominal injuries
- Thermoregulation and heat illness
- Hypothermia, frostbite, and Raynaud's disease
- Altitude illness
- Contaminated water and water disinfection
- Mosquitoes, ticks, spiders, bees, wasps, venomous snakes, and other hazardous marine and terrestrial animals
- Survival and evacuation techniques
CPR Seattle offers this 80-hour Wilderness First Responder program as a hybrid course. Students are required to complete a Wildnerness First Aid course with CPR Seattle in the last 6 months, in addition to completing prerequisite reading and online quizzes.
Cancellations, Refunds, Terms:
Cancellations received more than 30 days before class start time will receive a full refund less $35 service fee. A transfer to a future class is permitted if the request is received 30 or more days before the class. A $35 fee applies to transfers; only one transfer per registration permitted. There is no guarantee that the student will be transfered to a WFA course taught by the same certification agency. Requests received after the stated deadline will not be eligible for a refund or transfer.
Terms and Conditions
CPR Seattle is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate content posted on the web site. We are not responsible for any conduct of any users at any time during or after a member terminates the account. We are not responsible for any technical malfunctions of the web site, your web site, the servers, internet connections, traffic congestion, delay of data transfer, failure of email account, coding errors in the web site or a users personal computer hardware, software, or data.
This information is collected for
- Establishing and maintaining a responsible commercial relationship with you and providing ongoing service
- Some of your information can tell us how to better serve you in designing our services
- Meeting legal and regulatory requirements
- Billing operations
Your information will not be sold, rented or disclosed to any third party.
We may disclose personal information about you to third parties when
- We have your consent
- When needed to provide you the service
- Responding to subpoenas, court orders or other legal processes
Your information is protected in our secure database and through the use of secure socket layer technology.
If you have any questions on the policies presented here, feel free to contact us.
Last updated on December 10th, 2022
|Date & Time||Location||Cost||Space Available|
|No scheduled classes.|
No scheduled classes.