Babysitter Training Class & Certification
This babysitting certification class, taught by a CPR instructor/parent, is a fun, interactive workshop providing aspiring babysitters the essential skills they must know in order to obtain babysitting work. The course includes role play, video lessons, instructor-led discussions, and hands-on skills training to give students the confidence to responsibly care for the infants and children in their charge. There are no prerequisites for this course, however it is designed for children between the ages of 11 and 15. An ASHI (American Safety and Health Institute) "Child and Babysitting Safety" certification card is issued upon completion of the training.
This class includes a CPR review and practice session, but does not include CPR certification. Learn more about the benefits of babysitting and the babysitters training class.
Cancellations, Refunds, Terms:
Cancellations received more than 48 hours before class start time will receive a full refund less $10 service fee. Requests received after the stated deadline will not be eligible for a refund or transfer. Students arriving more than 10 minutes late to class will not receive a certification card, or be eligible for refund or transfer. Proficiency in English is required to participate in, and receive a certification card for the class. The presence of a translator does not waive this requirement. Translators are not permitted in class.
Terms and Conditions
CPR Seattle is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate content posted on the web site. We are not responsible for any conduct of any users at any time during or after a member terminates the account. We are not responsible for any technical malfunctions of the web site, your web site, the servers, internet connections, traffic congestion, delay of data transfer, failure of email account, coding errors in the web site or a users personal computer hardware, software, or data.
This information is collected for
- Establishing and maintaining a responsible commercial relationship with you and providing ongoing service
- Some of your information can tell us how to better serve you in designing our services
- Meeting legal and regulatory requirements
- Billing operations
Your information will not be sold, rented or disclosed to any third party.
We may disclose personal information about you to third parties when
- We have your consent
- When needed to provide you the service
- Responding to subpoenas, court orders or other legal processes
Your information is protected in our secure database and through the use of secure socket layer technology.
If you have any questions on the policies presented here, feel free to contact us.
Last updated on March 03, 2017.
|Date & Time||Location||Cost||Space Available|
|No scheduled classes.|
No scheduled classes.
Babysitting Course Syllabus
- Your First Business!
- Your goals: Why do you want to be a babysitter?
- Your personal perameters: how often will you babysit? What times of the day/week? What ages of children?
- Introduction to writing a babysitting resume.
- On The Job
- Home Hazards
- Child Supervision
- General Babysitter Protocol
- Building a Good Relationship
- Setting Clear Boundaries
- Activites for Infants
- Activites for Toddlers
- Activities for Preschoolers
- Activies for Grade School Children
- Basic Caregiver Skills for a Babysitter
- In the Event of an Emergency
- CPR & AED
- Medical Emergencies
- Injury Emergencies