Childbirth Education Class
CPR Seattle is excited to announce our intensive childbirth education prep course, designed to be flexible and fit around your busy and fulfilling lifestyle. This program is geared towards parents who are planning to have a home birth, birth center birth, or non-medicated hospital birth. Classes are taught by Bastyr-trained childbirth educator and community birth doula Ryah Jo from Expecting Joy, who also holds a certificate in midwife assisting from the Midwives College of Utah. Ryah Jo has been an advocate, educator and hands-on support person in the Seattle birth community for over 7 years and is passionate about families receiving knowledge in order to make informed decisions and have the best possible labor and birth experience they can have.
This interactive childbirth prep course consists of group activities, workbook assignments, lectures and videos. Incorporated into the class are tools and philosophies from The Birth Partner, The Bradley Method and Birthing from Within. This multi-faceted learning environment has proven to be more meaningful in the preparation for the natural progression of labor, by ensuring that fears are minimized and families are empowered to succeed in their goals.
Cancellations, Refunds, Terms:
Cancellations by couples received more than 30 days before the class start date will receive a full refund less a $20 service fee. Cancellations by couples received less than 30 days before class, but greater than 48 hours before class will receive a 50% refund. Cancellations that occur 48 hours before the class start date will not be eligible for a refund. Transfers are permitted to a future class when a minimum of 2 weeks notice is received.
Terms and Conditions
CPR Seattle is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate content posted on the web site. We are not responsible for any conduct of any users at any time during or after a member terminates the account. We are not responsible for any technical malfunctions of the web site, your web site, the servers, internet connections, traffic congestion, delay of data transfer, failure of email account, coding errors in the web site or a users personal computer hardware, software, or data.
This information is collected for
- Establishing and maintaining a responsible commercial relationship with you and providing ongoing service
- Some of your information can tell us how to better serve you in designing our services
- Meeting legal and regulatory requirements
- Billing operations
Your information will not be sold, rented or disclosed to any third party.
We may disclose personal information about you to third parties when
- We have your consent
- When needed to provide you the service
- Responding to subpoenas, court orders or other legal processes
Your information is protected in our secure database and through the use of secure socket layer technology.
If you have any questions on the policies presented here, feel free to contact us.
Last updated on August 2, 2017.
|Date & Time||Location||Cost||Space Available|
|No scheduled classes.|
No scheduled classes.
This childbirth education prep class is designed to help you achieve your goals of having an unmedicated childbirth. Together we will work to establish trust and faith in your body and its ability to give birth, and to be thoroughly informed in order to enable full participation in decision making during your labor and birth. Pregnant persons and their support learn through discussion, birth films, hands-on exercises, and laughter within an accepting and safe environment.
The following is a brief outline of our Childbirth Preparation Class:
- Introduction and getting-to-know-you meet and mingle
- A brief history on traditions and rituals around labor and birth from all around the world
- What is a midwife and what is a doula
- Stages of Labor and suggested reading
- Introduction into A.C.O.G (American College of Gynecology) and Evidence Based Birth
- Comfort measures during the stages of labor
- Complications of labor and interventions (when, why and how).
- When to call your birth team
- Advocacy and working with your support, labor and delivery team.
- Lactation and breast feeding
- Post-partum comfort measures
- Newborn safety and care
- Transition into parenthood How to stay connected to your partner after baby arrives
- What is a post-partum doula
- Infant, Child and Adult CPR (If you are unable to attend this class, it is transferable to another class time and date for up to 24 months. This course does not include a CPR certifcation card).