Natural Birth Options in Seattle: An introduction to having your baby at home or a birth center
July 23, 2017 Sunday, 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Trying to conceive, or already expecting and wondering what your childbirth options are?
You're invited to attend our "Natural Childbirth Options" community info session to be held on . Attendance is FREE and there will be key note speakers from our community midwives, doulas, and other families who support natural childbirth.
Key note speakers:
- Midwife Katherine Dexter with Tideland Midwifery https://tidelandsmidwifery.
- Midwife Carly Meiser with Ground Floor Health https://www.google.com/#q=
- Doulas Kira and Ryah Jo with Expecting Joy http://www.expectingjoy.com/
Topics covered include:
- A brief history on births in the US, and when/why births transitioned from the home to the hospital
- Why choose a center / home birth: how natural birth can be a healthy option for mother and baby alike
- Good candidates for a healthy center / home birth
- The role of a midwife in homebirths
- The role of a doula in homebirths
- Comfort measures
The information session will run from 10:30am until , followed up with a "get to know your birth community providers" meet and mingle where they will be showcasing their specialties and services.
118 NE 45th Street Suite B
Seattle, WA 98105